Hello and welcome to Live. Laugh. Read. I’m joysofbookworms, a complete and utter self-confessed bookworm living in Australia. I’m not much of a writer but it’s a rare thing to see me without a book in hand.
I created this blog to discuss books so please comment! I love to hear your opinion.
My favourite colour is red and I am a major Superwholockian. I also enjoy the Marvel universe.
I am a nerd and proudly so. Just remember, whenever someone calls you a nerd it is a complement and an acknowledgement of your acedemic excellence and/or your fandom participation – both of which are excellent qualities.
“…because nerds like us are allowed to be unironically enthusiastic about stuff… Nerds are allowed to love stuff, like jump-up-and-down-in-the-chair-can’t-control-yourself love it. Hank, when people call people nerds, mostly what they’re saying is ‘you like stuff.’ Which is just not a good insult at all. Like, ‘you are too enthusiastic about the miracle of human consciousness’.” – John Green
I love, love, love BookTube! For those of you who don’t know, it’s where awesome people talk about books on YouTube. They do book tags, challenges, hauls and reviews.
My favourite BookTubers include:
– Christine from polandbananasBOOKS
– Kat from Katytastic
– Jesse from jessethereader
– Natasha from Tashapolis
– Regan from PeruseProject
I also have quite a few others that I follow but if I listed them all we’d be here all night.
Most bookworms always groan at the question “What is your favorite book/author/series?” Or variations thereupon. – I am no exception. However, I have done my best to construct a list of recommended reads.
– The Shadowhunter Chronicles by Cassandra Clare
– The Tortallian World by Tamora Pierce
– Percy Jackson and the Olympians, Heroes of Olympus & The Kane Chronicles by Rick Riordan
– Ranger’s Apprentice & Brotherband by John Flanagan
– Lux & Covenant by Jennifer L. Armentrout
– Throne of Glass & A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas
– The Sweet Trilogy by Wendy Higgins
– The Blood of Eden by Julie Kagawa
– The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey
– Obernewtyn by Isobelle Carmody
– Legend by Marie Lu
– The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken
– Shatter Me/The Juliette Chronicles by Tahereh Mafi
– Harry Potter by J. K. Rowling
– Divergent by Veronica Roth
– The Selection by Kiera Cass
– Delirium by Lauren Oliver
– The Timely Death Trilogy by Shannon A. Thompson
– The Winner’s Trilogy by Marie Rutkoski
– The Tiger Saga by Colleen Houck
– The Assassin’s Curse by Cassandra Rose Clarke
– Firebird by Claudia Grey
– The Lost Island of Tamarind by Nadia Aguiar
– If I Stay by Gayle Foreman
– Eve by Anna Carey
– The Keys to the Kingdom by Garth Nix
– Artemis Fowl by Eoin Colfer
– Deltora Quest, Fairy Realm & Rowan of Rin by Emily Rodda
– Alex Rider by Anthony Horowitz
– The Hidden Trilogy by Amy Patrick
– An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir
– Embassy Row by Ally Carter
– True Calling by Siobhan Davis
– Ignite by Erica Crouch
– Dragonfly by Julia Golding
– Dancing in the Dark by Robin Bavati
– Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
– The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
– The Center of Magic by Pamela Freeman
– Falling Into Place by Amy Zhang
– Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell
– Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher
– All the Bright Places by Jennifer Niven
– Every Last Word by Tamara Ireland Stone
– A Rose for the ANZAC Boys by Jackie French
– My Sister Lives on the Mantelpiece by Annabel Pitcher
– The Hobbit by J. R. R. Tolkien
– The Moment Collector by Jodi Lynn Anderson
– City of Fae by Pippa DaCosta
– Love, Rosie by Cecilia Ahern
– Any and all books by Sarah Dessen
Eating Disorders: The Road to Recovery by Dr. Kate Middleton
As you can probably tell, I have a pretty wide interest range when it comes to books. My preferred genres (usually within YA) are fantasy, paranormal, dystopian and contemporary.
My aim is to read 120 books by the end of 2015.
All my reviews are also posted to my Goodreads account.
► The Laughter
▌▌ The Memories
█▌ The Pain
◀◀ The Happiness