First and foremost, I would like to give a huge thank you to A Fangirl’s Opinion for nominating me for the Liebster award!
- Thank the person who nominated you and link to their blog!
- Give your readers 11 random facts about yourself.
- Answer the 11 questions from the blog who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 bloggers who have less than or equal to 3000 followers.
- Ask your nominees 11 new questions.
As I have done a post on this only a couple of weeks ago, I will be bending the rules slightly and not nominating fellow blogs and posing questions for them to answer.
11 Facts About Me: (This is getting ridiculous. After the One Lovely Blog Award, the Liebster Award and the Versatile Blogger Award, I am running out of ideas – not that I’m complaining about being nominated, I feel truly honored by that.)
- I am a Ravenclaw.
- I can never decide between the young Remus Lupin or the young Sirius Black… I would probably have more in common with Remus, but I ship him and Tonks, so…
- My beautiful new custom made bookcases came and were installed yesterday! I am so excited and they look absolutely stunning! I am certainly on my way to having a wall of books… (Let me know in the comments if you are interested in a bookshelf tour!)
- I have organised my books into books that are not mine, nonfiction books and then authors A-Z.
- I am still in high school.
- Despite living in Australia, I do not read many Australian authors (which is something that I want to fix).
- I have 14 signed books and 2 additional author signatures, but I am eager to collect more (though there does not seem to be much – if any – opportunity for that…)
- The books that I have signed are…
– Blossom Possum by Gina Newton
– The Dragon Keepertrilogy, prequel and encyclopedia by Carol Wilkinson
– If I Stay and Where She Went by Gayle Forman
– The Ruins of Gorlan and The Outcasts by John Flanagan
– Girl Underground and Grace by Morris Gleitzman
The two author’s signatures are from Fiona Wood and Kieth Grey.
- The day that I was going to meet John Flanagan, I would have brought all of his books that were out at the time with me but my mum protested and said that he wouldn’t sign them all. I listened to her but then found out through conversation with him that he would have signed them all had I brought them. – I am still rather depressed about it to this day.
- I have red streaks in my hair.
- TenRose is my OTP! And it’s cannon!! *squeal* David Tennant said so ;).
Questions From A Fangirl’s Opinion:
#1: If you could switch roles with any fictional or real person, who would it be?
Ooh, this is really hard… It’s a tie between Tessa Grey from The Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare because Will Herondale and a Ravenclaw from the Harry Potter universe – I would love to be Hermione’s best friend and, you know, magic.
#2: Hardbacks or Paperbacks?
While I adore the look of hardbacks and get extremely jealous when I watch BookTube and see all of these beautiful hardbacks behind them *cough* Katytastic *cough*, I have to go with paperbacks as they are a lot cheaper and I can essentially get two for the price of one hardback. However, there will be instances when I want to/will buy the hardback instead of the paperback, in spite of the cost.
#3: What is the saddest book you’ve read?
Hmm… The saddest book on my shelf would have to be Falling into Place by Amy Zhang – I remember sobbing my eyes out reading that. The Book Thief by Marcus Zusac and A Rose for the ANZAC Boys by Jackie French are also really sad.
#4: What films/books/tv shows are you really looking forward to this year?
This is hard and will be rather long… There are probably more than what I list but I cannot think of them off the top of my head.
– The Longest Ride
– Paper Towns
– Inside Out
– Ant Man (I saw Avengers: Age of Ultron yesterday and LOVED it!)
– Magnus Chase and Percy Jackson’s Greek Heroes by Rick Riordan
– A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas
– Tales From the Shadowhunter Academy by Cassandra Clare
– The Red Queen by Isobelle Carmody
– The Heir by Kiera Cass
– Saint Anything by Sarah Dessen
– Winter by Marissa Meyer (No, I have not read Cinder but I plan to get caught up on the series before the finale comes out.)
– New episodes of Agents of SHIELD
– New episodes of Supernatural
– The next season of Doctor Who and the Christmas special
– The BBC Sherlock Christmas special
– The next season of The Blacklist
– New episodes of Elementary
#5: What/Who inspired you to start blogging?
Funny story, actually. About two years ago, we had to make a website for health as part of our assessment. I got a good mark and the task introduced me to WordPress. Naturally, I deleted the content as soon as I had my result but could not remove the site – which is why the URL joysofbookworms.wordpress.com is private. (For those of you who don’t know, this website is joysofbookworms99). That summer break, I got bored so for whatever reason decided to create another website and post all of my reviews that I had put on Goodreads. About six months later, I revisited the site and started posting some more reviews and started participating in some weekly book memes. And, low and behold, here I am a year and a half later.
#6: If you were offered a career of you dreams what would it be?
I aspire to be a clinical psychologist specialising in youth. However, I also really want to be a professional reviewer – getting sent physical books would be a dream come true.
#7: Whats the best advice you have ever been given/gave?
I think the best ideal/attribute/quality (I’m not sure of the right word here) that I live by and think is really important is to just be yourself. Embrace you likes, your dislikes and your passions, no matter what anyone says. Don’t let people make you ashamed of who you are – be it in looks, skills, passions, friends or otherwise. Never let anyone pressure you into changing. In the same way, do this to others – try to be understanding and not judge others.
There is one quote that I remember loving and feeling really impacted by: “Somewhere in the midst of it all, it hit you. You realised that these days are more than ice cream trips, homework and pimples. This is called life. And this one is yours.”
#8: What was your favourite childhood book/film/tv show?
Ben 10 and Ben 10 Alien Force. No doubt about it.
#9: Favourite Disney Film?
Beauty and the Beast. I have always loved Belle – even before I became a massive reader, I always admired her passion for books. The bookstore and the library have stayed with me ever since I first saw them.
#10: Who is your favourite villain and why?
Dolores Umbridge. No matter how many books I read, I doubt I will ever find a villain as despicable as she. Let’s face it – we all want her dead more than Voldemort.
#11: If someone wrote a book about you, what would it be called?
Hmm… I have several ideas, all relatively cliché: Joys of a Bookworm; Live. Laugh. Read.; Obsessed? No. Just look at all my bo– Oh; Too Many Books, Too Little Time.
Thank you again to A Fangirl’s Opinion for nominating me for this award! Please let me know your thoughts in the comments below.